Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titans

Helldawg66

Titans Empty Titans

Post by Helldawg66

I'm sorry but regardless of what a defense gives I fail to see how 13 quarterback attempts in a game is remotely realistic.  11 with Andrew Luck and the one series he misses to injury Pat White adds another 2 carries for the game. Half of this is read/triple option.  A couple legitimate scrambles but when a defense is dropping a spy every time zone defense is called instead of a 4th rusher or does cover 2 spy half the game specifically because of this and the ball is just snapped so the qb can immediately run, I have to call bullshit on that.

Also, I get running away to avoid a sack and throwing away because that makes sense, but multiple times running roughly 20-30+ yards diagonal waiting for receivers to break routes and leave the play broken before throwing it away is a little f'ing ridiculous.

When the quarterback is a franchise guy with speed like Luck I can't really understand how that much level of risk in running is okay, or why qb runs would've still kept happening after a mid-game injury.  Triple the amount of runs as SCRAMBLING QB Tarvaris Jackson......I've done 6-7 runs in a game with a quarterback including scrambles and people have complained that's even too much at times.  A little clarity here?

Luck accel- 87, speed 83  Tarvaris accel- 88, speed 83

Luck accuracy- SAC- 91 MAC-92, DAC-85 RUN-88 PAC-84 AWR-85
    Tarvaris accuracy- SAC-82 MAC-77 DAC-74 RUN-82 PAC-56 AWR-78

With acc stats like this and the "it's fucking-Andrew-Luck-face-of-the-franchise" I fail to see how this is remotely realistic.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:30 am by Helldawg66

Luck was also injured with Back Spasms [med re-inj risk] about halfway through the carry numbers.
    titanbrian

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 6:17 am by titanbrian

Was it 11 rushing attempts? I think sacks count as a rush for the QB.

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 7:24 am by omgahamsandwich

If I recall, sacks dont count on a designed QB keeper, I could be wrong tho. they definitely count on a pass play where the qb then tried to bolt and gets tackled behind the line
    chrebet1024

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 8:34 am by chrebet1024

I'm not positive..but I don't think sacks count. Only towards the total team rushing stats maybe?

Regardless 11 attempts is to go much. I mean the only time you'd see that is from tebow in the design offense that broncos team ran a few years back.

11 rushing attempts is around 25% of the total plays...if he ran 40-45.

Tcmagic does get his QBs injured a TON...it's not hard to see why.

And yes guys...running backwards too carbon passes is not nab good thing tibdo. it actually hurts u to do this...but TC let us know what u think I'm this stuff.
    tcmagic97

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:20 am by tcmagic97

Here is my take on this. While I do run with QB's, 11 carries is not something you see me doing every game. Usually I'm in the 4-5 range. However, this game was different. Helldawg was giving me free QB runs. He dropped all his guys in coverage and the run was just sitting there waiting for me to take, and when it is there I am gonna take advantage. As I have heard many times in this league from numerous owners, you need to take what the defense gives you and that is what I did. The runs weren't from designed run plays, but rather from good coverage and nobody watching Luck. Had I been running with Luck like this every game, then yes this would be a problem. However, this is a one time occurrence due to the fact that the QB run was being given to me. Helldawg, if you don't want me to run with Luck, than do something to take it away!
    tcmagic97

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:35 am by tcmagic97

I did run read option around 5 times, but only 1 of Luck's carries came from this as the DE never ran towards the HB. Also, Luck got injured on 3rd down, and Pat White didn't get a single carry other than QB knees, so saying White ran is a lie.

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 1:18 pm by Helldawg66

You might be right on White, I didn't notice the switch, Luck had eoughly 4-5 read runs, i stopped him in the backfield for the most part but he held the ball, and did have a triple option pitch. Sacks dont count towards total but read running does.
    chrebet1024

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:12 pm by chrebet1024

Yeah TC I agree with your premise....but just be careful bc regardless of what the defense is doing, I'd say 11 QB attempts is too much....no matter what.

It's one of those "Taboo" things in SIM leagues.  Yes take what the defense gives you...but AT THE SAME TIME have the respect to not call it too much.
    tcmagic97

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:23 pm by tcmagic97

the point im trying to make here is that the majority of Lucks carries weren't designed runs, but were a result of good coverage and you not having guys successfully containing luck. I rarely ever run more than 4-5 times with my qb. the higher carry number is a result of me taking what the defense was giving me when all my receivers were covered.
    tcmagic97

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm by tcmagic97

chrebet1024 wrote:Yeah TC I agree with your premise....but just be careful bc regardless of what the defense is doing, I'd say 11 QB attempts is too much....no matter what.

It's one of those "Taboo" things in SIM leagues.  Yes take what the defense gives you...but AT THE SAME TIME have the respect to not call it too much.

I agree 11 carries is a high total. I'm just saying that this is a rare occurrence and is a product of the defense being played. I'll be sure to watch it next time but at the same time people can't complain too much if they are giving me the run. If they contain it of course im not gonna be able to carry the ball with Luck.

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:37 pm by jrbell12

I think qb running on this game is ridiculous. In reality Pryor is a below average Qb. Yet on madden one of the best on the game. It doesn't matter if your entire team has 99 ovr play rec or awareness and pursuit. Watch the game. No defenders other then D line and blitzing LB's react till the Qb is past the line of scrimmage, which is not realistic. Dbacks don't budge until QB's are already running wide open. We don't have the human element on a video game. We over time limited the use of screen plays. I'm honestly a bit baffled by the fact that nothing has really been done with this. Our games average 10 to 20 snaps minimum less then any NFL game. So you shouldn't base it on what Newton , Pryor , Wilson etc do on Sunday or how many times they do it. My point 7+ times sounds fine with the #of NFL snaps. But not so much with the # of snaps here. It's used far to much on third and long as well. That's BS if you ask me. But it's one of maddens "gimmie" plays. It gets abused to often. Just my 2 cents. I'm not bitching about anyone it's not directed at anyone.

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 3:09 pm by Helldawg66

QB spy doesn't cover your quarterback rolling out and behind the line 20 yards and then up. Like I get going to the side now and then and trying to evade my guys, but not diagonal/back 20+ yards. When Paul Kruger is too tired to catch up to you when he breaks through the line because you have a 10 yard head start running backwards I can't really do anything.

a lot of the runs when they weren't designed were situations where I was in Nickel Psycho. The play your talking about when I dropped back was a Cover 4, where I manually spied with Kamerion Wimbley to take away the weak points in coverage that you kept trying to exploit. running diagonal and backwards in the opposite direction and then scrambling after the routes are broken or throwing it up after the fact is a little ridiculous when that was the majority of the scrambles. I only blitzed you on short downs like 2 yards or less (not every time) and maybe a couple firsts. If guys were coming at you I get running like that to scramble, that makes sense. But when everyone is dropped back I don't see how that's taking what the defense gives you EVERY time.

I know you rarely go over 4-5 times and usually I'm cool with the amount you do it and how you play, I just think this game was a little crazy. I do like playing against you and we usually have some really good games. Most of my base play selection was actually a Cover 2 Spy because of how much you were running, the diagonal stuff negates the spy because they stay towards the middle if they aren't manually controlled.
    tcmagic97

Post Tue 25 Feb 2014, 7:00 pm by tcmagic97

i ran backwards to throw the ball away, not to scramble. I never scrambled after dropping back over 10 yards, I sometimes panic and run diagonally when guys are running after me but I never scramble forward in these situations and I always throw the ball away...anyway, I agree with you we have had many great games in both leagues and we are extremely familiar with how each other play. I take this as a learning experience as im not perfect and always can improve in all facets. while i dont necessarily agree with all criticism, you made some nice points that I can build off of. i totally agree that 11 was a little too much, and I will always look to improve. best of luck in the playoff chase and looking forward to many great matchups between me and you for seasons to come

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:08 pm