SIM League

chrebet1024
Admin

SIM League

Post by chrebet1024

this is a reminder and strong notice that this eague league is a SIM league. Yes you must follow the rules...however following the rules alone does NOT mean you are playing the proper way.

because the meaning of Sim varies from team to team, and skill levels and football knowledge sometimes determine how Sim a guy is....I will never go over the top crazy on the Sim discussion. BUT this right now is not even close to what it needs to be...we all need to do a better job, including myself, of playing the right way! winning and losing means nothing if unsim tactics are being used.

A couple things I've noticed and other owners have noticed as well....
1. Using your mobile QB the wrong way. Do not constantly sprint your QB out of the pocket every play just because it helps WRs get open and allows a dual threat in the flat every play. Yes itbdoes happen in the NFL where guys will scramble out of the pocket..but what I've seen is people abusing this and actually predetermining this pre snap.

2. Over use of RBs and TEs in receiving game. This one isn't as big a deal as number 1...but we need to mix it up more in passing game.

3. Kick returns variation. Don't always use the "inside out" move on returns . mix it up.

4. Playcalling. NOT even close to being enough variation.

......this topic needs to be discussed openly so all of us can get better in this area, including myself.

........so please post something if you've noticed some unsim tactics. Also talk to each other during or after games...and if somebody says something about ur game...don't take it personally, think about it for a second and see if there's validity to it.

let's get this right fellas....it will only help in building a stronger league and attracting solid owners to the league.

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:10 am by chrebet1024

....we've seen guys get booted for non being active enough.....well the SIM aspect is next as it comes to booting guys.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:37 am by stallion504

For the purpose of clarity..

For teams with immobile QB's with 75 or less speed and weak O-lines, is it unsim to wiggle out of the pocket the avoid repeated sacks? For teams with dominating D-lines, they usually have med to high hitting power. A sack from most of these guys will potentially cause a fumble from a low carrying QB, right?

I understand abusing the scrambling out of the pocket, trust me I use to do it all the time and was called out on it, because I was very novice. Within the rules, extending the play to allow for seperation should be OK, I think. Within the rules though.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:46 am by chrebet1024

oh yes of course scrambling is allowed.....the key to THIS...and actually the key to most things as it pertains to SIM is ABUSING it. Of course u can scramble......but when it is being abused and people see the qb RIGHT AWAY sprinting out of pocket to the right...that is not Sim. Its all about repeatitivenrss and intent. There's a big difference in scrambling after you cannot find a guy open and immediately sprinting out of pocket once taking the snap. And then especially doing the latter everybplay just BC its working.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:20 am by stallion504

chrebet1024 wrote:oh yes of course scrambling is allowed.....the key to THIS...and actually the key to most things as it pertains to SIM is ABUSING it. Of course u can scramble......but when it is being abused and people see the qb RIGHT AWAY sprinting out of pocket to the right...that is not Sim.  Its all about repeatitivenrss and intent. There's a big difference in scrambling after you cannot find a guy open and immediately sprinting out of pocket once taking the snap. And then especially doing the latter everybplay just BC its working.
OK, Understood.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:15 pm by shaston

I actually had someone tell me that I was instant sprinting my QB after the game was finish. I decided not to even respond because I thought it was ridiculous. I have Peyton Manning!!! I have not had anyone text me about my game style since the first year Zeeman started the league and that was years ago. I think Cabbage may have asked me a question, and that was at least two years ago. I play fair and I LOSE FAIR. I can imagine that some of you are actually catching hell in your play style from people. I am really considering videoing all of my games because it appears that some people may really be making things up.

I definitely run inside and try and bounce it outside, but not every kickoff.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:29 pm by chrebet1024

this was only a general reminder Shaston. Even the top Sim guys don't always do the right thing on occasion. I know when I played you this season our game was all Sim.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm by shaston

chrebet1024 wrote:this was only a general reminder Shaston.  Even the top Sim guys don't always do the right thing on occasion.  I know when I played you this season our game was all Sim.

I understand totally that this may have been directed for all the league, but we all must understand that just because you think a player is unsim does not mean it is so. It ha been a plenty of times when I was losing that I was like, damn he ran that play again. In all reality, it was not that often, maybe only once in the first quarter, once in the third, and once in the fourth. I may just be so mad with myself that I just thought it was more often than it actually was.

I always verify stats at the end of the game to at least see if there is any statistical evidence that supports what I think. Sometimes the plays are repetitious, other times its only our perception.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:06 pm by chrebet1024

....definitely.....good words.

Post on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm by chrebet1024

.....and that's why I try to explain to everybody that I will NEVER take the SIM discussion TOO FAR because a LOT of the time its purely based on perception/opinion.  Only OVER TIME do reputations and trust get built.

However being a new league, having this PS4 transition and trying to recruit solid sim owners to MEFL (both fantasy and default)...its important to keep reminding everybody about SIM play.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Sep 2018, 10:56 am