Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

superbowl complaint

titanbrian
    titanbrian

superbowl complaint Empty superbowl complaint

Post by titanbrian

I heard allot of buzz over spurdaddy using to much cover 3 during the superbowl, so today I watched it.

50 defensive plays, 19 were cover 3.

Is that to many? 38%of plays called?

Although it's the same concept, he did mix up the actual plays with cover 3 buzz, C3 sky, C3 drop, C3 cloud, and C3 show 2. Some was press, some wasn't.

I saw no abuse, like nano blitz, he wasn't trying to confuse you with a hybrid (some guys man). Just allot of cover 3. Is 1 every 3 plays allot?

At one point in the game it was 5 in a row. That would annoy any opponent, and we should mix up better than that.

What's the league opinion? If you played against cover 2 man 19 times on defence would you complain? Would it matter if you won or lost maybe?
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Sun 02 Nov 2014, 9:12 pm by Zeemen

Well I think a lot of people here need to do better. Hard to call out one guy when I can name 6-7 games this past season where I saw 1-2 man plays called and rest where cover 3, cover 4, and sink.
    All freaked game long. This is not sim and it's not fooball. I call it safe pussy play calling. It's sad actually that players can't develope man schemes to at least call 8-10 of them. In my opinion spurdaddy's amount of cover 3 called is nothing compared to what I've seen this past season in both default and fantasy leagues. Honestly there should be suspensions handed out when owners do not call plays other then the ones mention that are abused. At least then owners will diversify more. Have to start coming down on them. I watched one replay game where 5 cover 3's where cakked in a row. The commish has seen this as well don't be surprised to see the hammer dropped soon. Video is there fellas, get off the madden "what works this year" website and play the game. There is 400 defensive plays in the book so to call 4 of them for 4 quarters is junk.

Post Mon 03 Nov 2014, 6:50 pm by SDchargers373

most games u can justify calling the same d twice in a row in certain situations but 5 times in a row is excessive IMO. calling the same d over and over waiting for ur opponent to call a play that caters too it isnt cool and it doent take much effort or thought. That said 19 out of 50 doesnt seem like a HUGE use of a variation a zone d but ideally IMO ud like the % to be a bit lower but situations dictate playcalling. Also i dont think anyone would complain if if it was 38% cover 2 man but maybe they would i dunno thats just a guess. I do agree with zee that some more diversity in playcalling would be nice.
    Frank_XD-

Post Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:11 am by Frank_XD-

I was also accused of this and cleaned up my act since. I think its funny that some of the guys calling people out like this do the same stuff on both sides of the ball. Please look at yourselves first before accusing others.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:12 am