Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M15-2014 Week 4 Recap

slicksilverman
    slicksilverman

M15-2014 Week 4 Recap Empty M15-2014 Week 4 Recap

Post by slicksilverman

News Center
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap 1nflne10

Written by Helldawg66
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap News_s10
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap Marvin10

In a divisional matchup between two of the more talkative owners, Helldawg's Bears stayed true to their word in the smack talk department and handled Chrebet's Packers in a convincing 33-7 victory.  Johnny Manziel was out of his rhythm for much of the game struggling to deliver tight spirals in what was anticipated to be a Packers victory.  Packers runningback Andrew Hale had 2 fumbles that led to points for the Bears, while Johnny was an ineffective 8/17 for just 116 yards and an interception.  Dynamic receivers Cordarrelle Patterson and Brandin Cooks were held to a combined 3 catches for 35 yards.

The real surprise comes in the form of the efficiency levels shown by Nick Foles and Tarvaris Jackson, even after the early loss of 6'7” safety valve Joe Fauria after he couldn't play through multiple injuries.  Foles and Jackson combined for 256 passing yards, 1 touchdown, and a 78% completion percentage.  Nick Foles suffered a pinched nerve and had to rest for recovery for the end of the second quarter and the entirety of the third quarter.  The offense never lost pace as Jackson's first pass was a beautifully thrown 82-yard strike to Marvin Jones who continues to have his quietly strong first season with the Bears.  Safety D.J. Swearinger had another strong week with the Bears' interception as well as a key sack knocking the Packers out of field goal range.  

Written by slicksilverman
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap News_c11
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap Flacoo10

The Chargers owner had some words to say after their game with the Jags regarding his defensive playcalling A response from the Jacksonville Office:  

"I accidentally did that punt run, I honestly didn't mean to do that. There was a couple of viewers and I was messing with my phone when that happened. I will use man but not as often. I drafted my CB's for a zone based scheme. I pinch the defensive line to fills the gaps and pursue the outside runs myself. He needs to learn to audible his offensive line as well. Zeemen countered Suh by pinching is line and adding an extra blocker. I will mix up my defense more going forward"
    "The only reason as for me moving the linebacker around was for me to have a good position to make a tackle at the running back when I would guess for a run play. I will mix more plays to my defense. To be fair, he had a rookie center with low awareness and sub-par acceleration for centers. Most of my d linemen have above 80 block shed so maybe that's another reason why. But I assure you this, I do not know of any "cheese" on Madden. If I did, I'd be 4-0"

'

A hard fought game that ended 20-17. Sim Play complaints being tossed around, you decide.  Both teams will need to win their next game to avoid falling behind tough divisions. Game tape in question:

Watch live video from Sdchargers373 on Twitch

Written by slicksilverman
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap News_j10
    M15-2014 Week 4 Recap Stacy10

The story of this game is turnovers, 11 total in the game. Both teams getting over 300 yards finished this 31-14 game. Dez Bryant and Zac Stacy were the stars of the day finishing with over 100 yards and a touchdown each. Derek Carr who leads the league in passing with 1146 yards, threw 6 ints in this crushing loss. Both teams now at the .500 mark will have eyes on them as their season progresses.[/color]
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:19 am