Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texans off season pos. change - APPROVED

titanbrian
    titanbrian

Texans  off season pos. change - APPROVED Empty Texans off season pos. change - APPROVED

Post by titanbrian

A. Blake needs a position change from CB, to SS because...

He started as a SS first in NFL
    He was a SS in Madden 13
    His catch (58) and press (42) are really low for a CB
    Pursuit (74), hit power (63), strength (70) are SS #'s

But mostly because i drafted him for a SS, but because of a rules misunderstanding he is now my CB #6.

Can the kid just get some playing time? Lol
    Share this post on: reddit

str8coach

Post Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:22 am by str8coach

titanbrian wrote:A. Blake needs a position change from CB, to SS because...

He started as a SS first in NFL
    He was a SS in Madden 13
    His catch (58) and press (42) are really low for a CB
    Pursuit (74), hit power (63), strength (70) are SS #'s

But mostly because i drafted him for a SS, but because of a rules misunderstanding he is now my CB #6.

Can the kid just get some playing time? Lol

Hmmmmm..   He's only 5'9 and 198 lbs.  And has 95 speed.  There may be only 1 or 2 SS's in all of football with that kind of speed, and they are both well over 200lbs..  He was also drafted by the Jaguars as a CB, and played CB at Texas El Paso.. Blake is also your slowest cb at 95 speed, so maybe thats another reason in addition to the low prs rating that reason he doesnt fit in your rotation.
    titanbrian

Post Sat 25 Jan 2014, 11:43 am by titanbrian

He fits in my rotation fine, but because i have really good cornerbacks he won't see the field. I drafted him late because he was the best SS available and a rule change prevented me from playing him there. Chrebet said he would approve the switch in the off season. I'm not trying to make a debate out of this one, just a formality.
    chrebet1024

Post Sat 25 Jan 2014, 2:08 pm by chrebet1024

I agree that Blake doesn't fit the Safety mold....BUT I'm going to approve this one only because Madden had this guy as a FS in M25 for PS3 and M13.  HE WAS a safety, so because he has experience there, especially in the Madden world, gotta approve.
    titanbrian

Post Sat 25 Jan 2014, 2:33 pm by titanbrian

I don't want my little guy getting run over in the run game either, but he will make a good 2nd safety for quarters, and then he can still be my 5th CB, thanks
    str8coach

Post Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:16 pm by str8coach

I just think we have to be careful turning CB's into safties.. Because one day we will look up and every teamin the league will want to have safeties (That were previously corners) with 95+ speed (For that reason). Some leagues do not even allow a cb to change positions to safety if he is higher than 90 speed.. And looking at Titans roster, thats the predominate factor of obtaining a roster spot on def... So I think that was the motivation. The attributes that impact overall rating the most for strong safety is zone coverage, awareness and tackle... Blake is lacking in all areas. Also another good test is how the players overall rating is impacted with the change.
    chrebet1024

Post Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:45 pm by chrebet1024

Agreed.  Very RARELY will a CB be changed into a safety.  Although the percentage is high (1 asked for, 1 approved) doesn't look good.......the ONLY reason is because he came into the League as a safety and Madden had Blake as a safety in M13 and in M25 for PS3.

Completely agree.
    str8coach

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 10:38 am by str8coach

I understand why you approved..  Just some additonal notes..

A.Blake
    -Antwon Blake was never a starter in the NFL at SS as mentioned by titanbrian
    -Even though he was listed (mistakenly I believe) by M25ps3 as a Free Safety, His attribute ratings were totally different. man coverage was in the high 60's, and zone coverage was in the low 70's, and tackle rating was much higher.
    -So even though he was listed as a FS in M25ps3, he was also a different player, as attributes were different. EA changed his attributes to be more corner back specific on the Ps4 version. (Because he is a CB).

Since change
    -Highest man-coverage rating for a Strong Safety in the game now (89).
    -Fastest Strong Safety in the game now (95)
    -Lowest Tackle rating in the game for a strong safety now (53).

Last edited by str8coach on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BurntCabbage

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 11:13 am by BurntCabbage

Well I want a 95 speed strong safety too.....

Guys I'm gonna go to the drawing board here before the draft and free agency.  Time to get some young speed in my safety slots and i'll just jack up awareness and tackle, etc.  Cheap to build anyways. Now that i can look at CB's too.....I have a lot of options now.. Thanks guys!!!
    chrebet1024

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:53 pm by chrebet1024

You guys gotta be kidding me.

Do you know how rare it is that a guy will be a Safety in Madden? and then get switched to CB?

First off all...who would want this guy at Safety with the lack of Hit Power and tackling?  It's not one I would make.

To be upset about this decision....just means you're looking for something to be upset about.

I know all of Blake's Attributes.  They SUCK AT SAFETY.  Agreed. 

I have SS Isaiah Green on one of my teams.  He's listed at SS in Madden...but in actuality he is a CB in real life.  Does this mean we should LOOK for all of the "incorrect position" Madden made?

I feel him being listed at a Safety in previous versions does give him the case in this situation at putting him at safety.  He sucks at safety anyway, not really worried about it to be honest.
    chrebet1024

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:54 pm by chrebet1024

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-17/story/jaguars-notebook-antwon-blake-finding-niche-special-teams

It does seem, even the mighty NFL...had him at Safety as well at one point in his career.
    BurntCabbage

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:55 pm by BurntCabbage

The only thing I'm really not a fan of is a CB was converted to a SS and is now the fastest at that position.....which can have it's advantages in certain situations....
    chrebet1024

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:16 pm by chrebet1024

very true
    str8coach

Post Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm by str8coach

I've seen this delimma play itself out before in MSL league, thats why I was trying to share as much  info as possible before a decision was made..  I promise, it will become an issue.    One aspect of this unique situation is that EA changed Antwon Blakes attribute ratings when they switched him from FS to CB also.  I would feel more comfortable with this move if Blakes ratings were exactly the same at CB as when EA had him listed as a FS..  

A couple of rules that resolved this was that no CB could be moved to safety that was above 89 speed.   The reason for this, is that most of the time Corners in the NFL move to safety towards the end of their careers, and thats only if they have the size to play the position.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024, 6:21 am