Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man vs Zone discussion

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024
    Admin

Man vs Zone discussion Empty Man vs Zone discussion

Post by chrebet1024

So especially with the past two games (m13 and m25)....the feeling is that man works better than zone.

So we preach to mix up coverages....and you should. But realize this guys...with football strategy if an offenses struggles mightily against man and does great against zone....why should the defense play 50/50 man and zone just bc some guys think thats the way sim leagues are supposed to be?

Yes mix up coverages.....BUT at the same time football strategy and the momentum of the game dictates what's going to be called more.

Instead of thinking about the defense doing something wrong against you...have THIS mentality instead....

Find "man beaters.". Have those plays that KILL man ready so when ur opponent plays man you become that FUCKING ASSASIN THAT TEACHES THE DEFENSE A LESSON. Be that cold hearted bastard that says "you ain't playing man on me all day.". You must FORCE the defense to change strategy. Why would he go 50/50 man and zone if the offense struggles against one more than the other?

Of course that doesnt mean you are allowed to call one defense all game. But this is what defense is. Youre trying to stop the opponent. The offense must fuck them up if they're becoming predictable.

It only HURTS the defense if they become predictable...doesn't help. Find a way to beat man coverage. Don't only rey on passing when he calls a zone and u feel like he must call a zone.

Again this is not an excuse to NOT mix up Playcalling....but realize what strategy actually is.
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:46 am by chrebet1024

....where guys go so wrong a lot of the time is when their playing the get frustrated and they ONLY get hung about about looking for things that the opponent is doing WRONG or UNSIM.

That is a losers mentality right there. Instead u should be thinking about how ur gonna beat him.

Does unsim play need to be addressed if u see something? Fuck yeah! But during the game think about strategy and how ur gonna overcome ur opponents play.

We want this league to be a great sim league....I'm noticing tho a lot of u guys don't get what sim is.

In my mind....if one guy is playing unsim and and the other is playing sim....the guy that is sim claims there is an "unfair playing field." I disagree. The guy thats playing unsim is the one who not giving himself the best chance to win. Bc when a guy is playing unsim he becomes predictable.

....that last part doesn't include GLITCHES or anything of that nature...im only talking about the strategy part of it.
    titanbrian

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:52 am by titanbrian

Well said, in my scouting reports i try to point out the defensive tendencies, weather man or zone. That way you can bring plays to counter them.
    chrebet1024

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:13 pm by chrebet1024

....sorry for my language guys...but I believe it adds more to the point.

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm by jrbell12

Just my 2 cents... I personall don't mind if someone is zone/man heavy. In fact then I think it tends to broaden play call, and kinda force you to know you opponent. As pointed out... If your heavy one way or the other, matching up is still the issue Calling the same play time after time is unsim, mix up play call. It's a pretty solid fact that NFL defenses prep for their opponent. Sometimes that calls for a lot of man D. Sometimes it calls for zone.... My biggest issue with D are those that press every down. Kills the run game, leads to unsim play and stats. Rushing goes nowhere, passing yards get rediculous! I'm not saying no to press for God's sake... But every down.... That's been a long standing issue..lol
    chrebet1024

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:32 pm by chrebet1024

Yeah good point.

But if a guy is pressing against me with two over the top....that means theres 7 in the box and I'll pound that rock until I force them to change strategy. And in this game u can easily run for success if their not playing run defenses.

If they press with one over the top.....then the deep ball is coming.

For every action there is a reaction.

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm by jrbell12

True...
    chrebet1024

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:35 pm by chrebet1024

Yes the defense should mix it up...BUT is is ALSO the offense's job to FORCE them to change strategy.

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:38 pm by jrbell12

Agreed. That's why I feel it opens up play call. There's plenty of plays in the offensive playbook just for that reason!
    chrebet1024

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm by chrebet1024

Guys overcomplicate football....or don't really understand how simple it is sometimes....

Like I said...if a guy as 2 deep with press corners....then I'm gonna run against that 7 in the box. Once I start having success Hes gonna have to realize hey I gotta being a safety up to help the run. So then he goes 8 in the box one one safety over the top he now has a decision to make with the corners...does he back em off off giving the standard 3 deep look? ...or will he be aggressive and press with only 1 safety deep? Its leaves him very vulnerable to the deep pass if he does it.

DONT be afraid to challenge a corner deep against a 3 deep zone. A one on one matchup is great odds for the offense and that safety cannot get over in time to help.

Does this mean I run every time a defense shows a 2 deep look? No. But most of the time yes.

You gotta punish the defense for what they want to do. TAKE what they give you.
    chrebet1024

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:11 pm by chrebet1024

cmon guys speak your mind....have strong opinions....anybody and everybody should be expressing HOW they feel about certain things.

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm by jrbell12

I guess we could also add the fact that some teams are built for man... And some for zone! And every opponent is different. You can't play everyone the same.
    titanbrian

Post Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm by titanbrian

I agree with that point! When i scout your team, and my MCV is higher than your RTE, then you will get a truck load of man coverage from me. And i won't feel bad at all, because you could be building that attribute up on your WR, just like I'm building man coverage on my CB.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 11:47 am