Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QB Roll-Outs

stallion504
    stallion504

QB Roll-Outs Empty QB Roll-Outs

Post by stallion504

I just would like to get clarity on when it's appropriate to roll-out and when it's off limits. I have been accused of doing this from time to time, but I don't understand why. It appears that when it results in a score or when there is a loss by certain opponents is when it's an issue.

My question is what is the point in having a mobile QB, if I'm unable to utilize what makes him stand out from a pocket passer?

What is the use of even having a throw on the run trait?

This is not something that I'm constantly doing every play, not even more than a few times a game. If the defense is sending in the blitz and I cannot see my WR's or TE getting seperation in time, then I'm not going to just stand there in the pocket and take the sack when I know that my guy can run. I mean I can see if I'm constantly rolling out on every snap, but after 2 times in the 1st half, then getting checked by the commisioner, because someone contacted him is a little picky.

No issue with Cherbret contacting me as that's what he is suppose to do. My issue is when can one with a mobile QB roll-out of the pocket?
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post Mon 10 Mar 2014, 5:38 pm by chrebet1024

Of course your QB is allowed to roll out of the pocket....but in a scrambling, "non-design" fasion.

I've seen games of yours where your immediately sprinting out to the right right after the snap takes place.

Its very easy to tell when it "feels" designed, meaning the user does this on a "purposeful" basis. That purpose being this.....in Madden, when the QB scrambles out far...the WR's find more time to get open and it becomes impossible to stop in real life.

...Now that's what happens in real life....so it is legit...BUT when it's looked at as a "design rollout" and you didn't CALL A ROLLOUT (instead your rolling out on a "Straight dropback" play)....it's considered a little sketchy.

Can QB's roll-out in a scrambling fasion a couple times a game? Hell yeah.

If you only did it a couple times a game.....then why would guys complain?

.....and I've had complaints from a few guys on this.

I scramble out of the pocked with Kaepernick from time to time. But NEVER do I have the INTENTION TOO do it RIGHT AWAY after the snap takes place, which I've seen from you.

....I think (i'm not sure) that is the major issue here.

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 11:07 pm