Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

49ers

omgahamsandwich

49ers Empty 49ers

Post by omgahamsandwich

just wondering what the feeling of the league is. just played the 49ers and he played the pistol formation what seemed to be atleast 80% of the snaps. he had 3 completions to WRs and 10 i think to his TEs Rivera and Davis, and he would roll out alot with his mobile qb as soon as his first read wasn't there. This game didn't seem very sim to me but I would like to get opinions from others. Maybe I'm just wrong about my evaluation. I just am suspicious of people who throw only to TEs and run pistol almost exclusively.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Wed 26 Mar 2014, 12:43 pm by omgahamsandwich

btw if im being a whiny baby plz tell me r so. im not mad as i am drunk at the moment

Post Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:06 pm by jrbell12

Game 1 same story. It's tough though, I covered his WR's well so he honestly did throw to who was open. Idk what your situation was... But it was pistol most of the game. Again a tough call.... He did use a good number of sets out of the pistol. Sometimes the plays all look the same, but there not. I do however feel in general, not anyone in specific, that the use of TE's is not SIM football here right now.. It doesn't replicate the NFL..Unless you have a Gronk Hernandez type of set... Which a Cpl teams do.. Though Davis is in the Gronk category, Rivera is by no means similiar to Hernandez. Like the other post though... you have to throw to whose open. I think no matter what this situation is a stalemate... Switching up D and paying more attention to TE's would be what a coach would do.
    GreenLegend37

Post Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm by GreenLegend37

omgahamsandwich wrote:btw if im being a whiny baby plz tell me r so. im not mad as i am drunk at the moment

Drunk at 11:43 in the morning? Nice! In all seriousness, if you say he makes a read and then rolls out, I don't have a problem with it since running out of the pocket would buy a quarterback more time to throw the football. I'm sure I'd get frustrated by the outcome too but it sounds like he just finds the open receiver.

Post Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:49 pm by omgahamsandwich

yea I guess my thing was it usually ended up being the ole roll out early, into a pass late that was basically undefendable because of the angle of the receiver and qb

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:45 pm