Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 17 Top Stories

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024
    Admin

Week 17 Top Stories Empty Week 17 Top Stories

Post by chrebet1024

Week 17 Top Stories Z
    Week 17 Top Stories Yjn+JQlAg+Eb04GN5FbR0YnnmJezUx2GHjRNu8AHT31iGjaABeoS3UrwPe1M8nohu+kX04dPQJe94vahh+0SPsfZ8ywgg5MTTtH1Pj8D+u9WTDFXDrxAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==AFC Playoff Picture
    The AFC Playoff Picture is crazy right now.  Only the East and the West Divisions are clinched by the Jets and the Chiefs.  The Jets have clinched the #1 seed and with a win this Sunday the Chiefs will clinch the #2 seed and a 1st Round BYE.  The AFC South comes down to 1 game.  The winner of the Jags/Colts game will win the Division.  The loser will be in the Wild Card mix.  The other big game in the AFC will be the Ravens visiting Cincy to play the Bengals.  Having already beat the Bengals this season, if c-may beats them this Sunday, he will have the head to head tiebreaker over them.  But the Browns make things all the more complicated.  The last team holding on to playoff hopes are the Dolphins.  Sitting at 9-6, they must beat the Jets this week and hope for a whole lot of help in order to squeak in.  Their only shot is if the Jags and Bengals both win, and they get in over both teams with a tiebreaker.  To sum it up basically....there are 6 teams battling for 4 spots.  The Bengals, Jags, Browns, Colts, Ravens and Dolphins have 2 Division Titles and 2 Wild Cards open for the taking.  Who will join the Jets and Chiefs in the AFC Playoffs?
    Week 17 Top Stories Z
    Week 17 Top Stories 5Ak6VlnnRrYfS7f7HxeELl4Q06iCAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCNFC Playoff Picture
    The Philadelphia Eagles are just 1 team that doesn't yet know it's playoff fate this season.  Sitting at 9-6 they are firmly in the midst of an NFC Wild Card Berth.  All 4 NFC Divisions are wrapped up with the Falcons already clinching the #1 seed and home field through out.  The other Division Winners in the Packers, Cowboys and 49ers will battle it out this Sunday for the huge #2 seed and a 1st Round BYE.  The Wild Card spots are however a different story.  Right now the Carolina Panthers own the #5 seed and control their own destiny.  If they win this Sunday at Atlanta, they will clinch a spot.  The other 3 teams involved are the previously mentioned Eagles, the Lions, and the Bucs.  Tampa needs the most help at 8-7.  They need to win, and both the Eagles and Lions to lose and then hope to win out on a couple of tiebreakers.  Believe it or not, it is the CPU controlled Lions right now that control their own fate for the final playoff spot.  If they defeat the Vikings in Minnesota this Sunday, they will take the last spot on the strength of beating the Eagles this season in their head to head matchup.  So burntcabbage and the Eagles need a victory AND the Lions to lose this Sunday in order to make the playoffs.  The only other possible way Philly can make it in IF the Lions also win....is IF Carolina loses, and all 3 teams are tied and they make it in on a 3 way tiebreaker.
    Week 17 Top Stories 2Q==
    Week 17 Top Stories QsvB8emE8Ojbf8N39I0uxCDn98AAAAASUVORK5CYII=Titans Spoil Jags Party
    With the Colts losing this past Sunday to the Chiefs, the door was wide open for the Jags to clinch that AFC South Division.  All they needed was to beat the Titans on their own home field, but could not get it done.  You got to credit jfarley05 and the Tennessee Titans as they came away with a 24-20 victory over those division leading Jags.  Despite 2 interceptions, Jason Campbell was just effective enough to get his team by.  He threw for 2 TD's and a 181 yards on only 14 of 32 passing.  Darren Sproles contributed on the ground with 69 yards on 8 carries.  This was no doubt a defensive struggle through out.  At 8-7 the Titans are already eliminated from playoff contention, but have played so well down the stretch that most think this team has a bright future ahead.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Sat 02 Nov 2013, 5:29 am by Heartless_16

I'd like to my dolphins have a chance, but I believe I am automatically eliminated if I end up tied with the Browns, Ravens or Colts because I lost to all 3 of them lol
    chrebet1024

Post Sat 02 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by chrebet1024

not necessarily tho heartless.....cuz if its a 3 way tie or more AND the head to head doesn't apply...it will come down to conference record or common games. Head to head is tough to apply when its a 3 way tie or more.
    Frank_XD-

Post Sat 02 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm by Frank_XD-

So a win doesn't guarantee a play-off spot for me huh?
    chrebet1024

Post Sat 02 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm by chrebet1024

there's so many possibilities frank. You're in a great spot tho because Bengals and ravens play each other so one will lose. If Bengals win and u win you'll get in. If ravens win and u win...all 3 of u are tied. so in that case its comes down to head to head, division record and common games tiebreakers....in that order. U gotta break tie within division first....then u worry about the other AFC south team u guys are dealing with which will then factor in head to head, and then conference record tiebreaker.

Post Sun 03 Nov 2013, 10:04 am by tomdaddy80

Tomdaddy and the Indianapolis Colts took fate in their own hands at home and walked away with victory over the favored Jacksonville Jaguars. This now gives the Colts the AFC South and a playoff berth. Now let's see who joins us in the AFC playoffs.
    chrebet1024

Post Sun 03 Nov 2013, 10:11 am by chrebet1024

uh oh....that makes it even more cloudy as heady who is at 11-5 joins the wild card mix.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 1:13 am