Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake punt/fg

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024
    Admin

Fake punt/fg Empty Fake punt/fg

Post by chrebet1024

I am pretty shocked to hear that a fake punt was attempted already. I didn't see it happen...only heard it on audio. This is completely legal (as per rules), only 3 per season and u must be in between the 30s.

Its honestly a rule that I never think about because most of the time nobody ever attempts these...also it this time does need to have some individual integrity behind it as u cannot track how many times a guy has done this in a season. BUT if somebody does keep attempting these hoping nobody will notice....that will not be good. Guys will notice and word does get around to everybody else.

Hey it was legal as he was in between the 30s. I don't know what the situation was....maybe the defense came out in a punt block setup and it was a gimme TD.

Just be careful with running these....although they are legal to do 3 per season.
    Share this post on: reddit

titanbrian

Post Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:15 am by titanbrian

That was me lol, i was on his 41 yard line, and figured it would be a do able FG, but field goal wasn't on the game flow option. Then i remembered that you guys stole all the power kickers very early in the draft (thanks allot butt holes). So while trying to remember the KPOW of my crappy kicker i was running out of time and picked punt. To my surprise the kick bar never came up, and realized , i was in a fake. I think i hit all 3 receiver buttons at the same time, but it didn't matter cuz all three were open, and very easy touchdown. Guess that's the best time for a fake kick.....when nobody (even me) expects it. At the time i didn't know if it was legal, and was expecting an early exit from a great league!
    You guys should know it was so easy and successful, that i might use up my three per season limit, at any time, so stay on your toes! Muhhaha, haha
    chrebet1024

Post Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:52 am by chrebet1024

nah hey.....its very legal. And yes if the defense is picking "punt block" or any formation where nobody is covering the gunners....then shit it will be an easy TD. furthermore...tber opening week of the season ususally does see some trickery in real life.

very legal....but just make sure these happen very few and far between.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:12 pm