Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question?

RCH08
    RCH08

Question? Empty Question?

Post by RCH08

So this ? is coming from a guy that hasn't played in a Madden league for a while and is pretty new to online leagues in general. (so don't rip me to bad if this is a dumb question or if Im way off) I was just wondering what the rules are or what is considered okay to do when running on offense and switching plays and wr's/te's/hb's routes and what not. I have been noticing it happen a lot at least from what I can see in games and watching some streamed games. I mean I also do this once in a while were I will hot route a receiver and make him lets say change from a post to a drag or whatever. I guess what I am asking is that is this type of thing okay to do every play? Same with changing plays? I mean if I come out and notice a possibly huge blitz coming and Im in a run formation Im going to switch it up to a quick pass to get the ball out. I understand that part, but I am just a little concerned that maybe it could be overused especially when it comes to changing the routes of the WR's, TE's, and HB's on every play. So again not trying to stir anything up at all just need a little clarification I guess, as I did not see anything in the rules about that kind of stuff unless I missed it. Any way I hope I made sense ahahaha Thanks guys. RCH08
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm by chrebet1024

how dare you ask that question.....

Of course you can ask any question, at any time.  Yes, we want as much strategy as possible.  So, as far as Hot Routing, Audibling, defensive adjustments...yes feel free to do as you may.  We do have a couple of things in the rules to prohibit teams from going too far, and going with a 15 second accel clock limits it intentionally on running clocks......but for the most part the answer to your question is yes, do your thing.

Now here's the thing.  If you want to hot route a guy every play...that's fine with me, just don't abuse any one specific hot route or run the same combo every time....its about diversity and expansion of your game.  Never over abuse one thing.
    RCH08

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:41 pm by RCH08

Alright I was just wondering I can maybe see the hot route thing being a little abused so thats why I was asking. Im sure I will learn the game more, but for me its sometimes hard to tell what the defense is doing or what the offense is doing. So for someone that is smarter and knows more football it could be easier for them to use those things to their advantage. Not saying that is a bad thing at all Im just saying I need to get better at reading teams I guess ahahaha.

Post  by Sponsored content