Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

penalties

titanbrian
    titanbrian

penalties Empty penalties

Post by titanbrian

Ok here is one for you guys, penalties are not reflecting the real NFL game. The best team in the NFL is patriots with 4.1 a game, worst is Seattle with 8 per game. The average is about 6.5 per game.
    Our league has one team at 0 all year ( also patriots lol ), and an average of 1 penalty per game. We don't need to hit the 6.5 avr. because we run less total plays than a real game. But if we up the sliders to get into a 3 or 4 every game average then we would see more punts i believe.
    I think i read somewhere that your AWR rating contributes to how many penalties your player gets. This could help teams that drafted allot of veterans, and are now regretting not getting more youth. Young = mistakes ( i still remember those days )
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post Wed 18 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm by chrebet1024

yup completely agree.  I wish we could do something with the sliders to make penalties more realistic....and I have tried many times prior to M25....BUT unfortunately you can't because messing with those penalty sliders drastically EFFECT Gameplay as well.

If you check out the Penalty Sliders right now....there's a few that I did move up...

Offsides to 75
    Def PI to 75
    Grounding to 60
    Holding to 52
    False Start to 60
    Clipping to 25

....for instance, with M25, raising Offsides actually gives the DLINE "more jump" to their game off the line of scrimmage....same goes for false start.  Moving Holding up actually improves Blocking (and we don't want that to even have higher scores).

....defensive pass interference going up actually HURTS the defensive reaction to the ball. 

So its a tricky thing.....I think we actually do have more penalties than NORMAL penalty sliders....but yes its tough to do.
    chrebet1024

Post Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:00 pm by chrebet1024

Facemask being lowered is to help DECREASE BIT HITS.  In madden last year and this year, the BIG HITS were way too much.  Guys with average hit power were jacking guys up.

Lowering Facemask actually decreases hard hits....Why?  I don't know.
    titanbrian

Post Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:11 pm by titanbrian

Didn't know that, cool you do though. the only penalties i ever see is holding. I wonder if getting the ball out quick is why some of us have a couple flags, while others have 17 this year?
    chrebet1024

Post Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:22 pm by chrebet1024

I'll investigate a little more for the PS4 version.  I know FOR SURE that penalty sliders effected gameplay.  I'm almost positive it does for the PS4 version too....but hey maybe there is a formula where we can get them a little higher without effecting the gameplay we have now.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:32 pm