Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Snap OPINIONS

chrebet1024
    chrebet1024
    Admin

Quick Snap OPINIONS Empty Quick Snap OPINIONS

Post by chrebet1024

...was discussing this with zeemen earlier and wanted to throw it out there to the league to see what guys think about this topic.

The QUICK SNAP.

A lot of guys do it, they prefer it instead of taking their time at the line of scrimmage.  It's an obvious strategy that hopes to NOT allow the defense to make all their adjustments and get ready for that play.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?  Do you think this is an UN-SIM practice?

.....me personally I don't do it much.  Sometimes I'll do it on a short yardage run play....but I prefer to hot route my offense or at least give the appearance of a pass play even if its a run.

Point is this.....do you guys think doing the QUICK SNAP all game is Un-SIM?  Do you think it's only un-sim if you do it EVERY PLAY?  Or is it unsim to just do it once?

I think if a guy wants to quick snap every play then that a perfectly sound strategy.  It gives him the same amount of time as the Defense to make adjustments.

....back in the good old days of head to head madden you'd have your opponent in the room and out of courtesy the offense wouldn't snap the ball until the defense says "READY" because it was much more difficult to select the player you wanted to control at the snap.  But those days are over, NO?

...curious to see what the league thinks.

NFL Road teams sometimes use the SILENT COUNT ALL GAME, EVERY PLAY if they are playing in a hostile environment.  So they are acting UN-SIM because they are using the SAME cadence every play?

I don't think it's a question of SIM vs UNSIM, I think its a question of STRATEGY, and if you are hurting yourself by NOT mixing up your "Time at the Line of Scrimmage."

.....interesting discussion.
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Wed 01 Jan 2014, 8:46 pm by Lord_Deniki

If the offense isn't making adjustmants why should the D be able to?
    I quick snap occaisionally and I have it done to me, I don't find it unsim at all.
    The offense dictates the game, no way they should have to wait for the D to hot route or set any thing else up.

The only time I dont quick snap is if the D calls an audible and has a cb running across the field from zone to man or vise versa....I always wait for the player to reset.
    TheDarkConfidant

Post Wed 01 Jan 2014, 9:21 pm by TheDarkConfidant

I like to quick snap once in a while and I don't feel its un-sim because teams use it. I don't believe we very play should be quick snapped but even if they are you should try to realize what your opponent likes to do and pick a play that will stop it. But I do feel if someone is running it 24/7 then that is not sim and should not be allowed.
    DarkArchivist

Post Wed 01 Jan 2014, 9:38 pm by DarkArchivist

Well I suck at this game.. Lol! But I quick snap all the time. I already know what play I plan on running so I just go to the line and go for it. I don't want the defense to re adjust. If I come out in a 4 wide, my opponent will usually call his defense based on 2 WR on each side.. So when you throw a 3-1 at them, they like to adjust.. Etc..
    chrebet1024

Post Wed 01 Jan 2014, 9:46 pm by chrebet1024

...you definitely don't suck at this game as I just played you.  But hell yeah I agree with you 100%.
    BurntCabbage

Post Wed 01 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm by BurntCabbage

DarkArchivist wrote:I quick snap all the time.

Ha I knew it!! DarkActivist is not a sim god!!
    DarkArchivist

Post Thu 02 Jan 2014, 6:39 am by DarkArchivist

@burnt-- I agree that I'm not a SIM god. There's certain things about this game that will always have some aspect of CPU. In real football, determining the defenses "real" alignment is complicated. Therefore, you'll see quarterbacks and the Center trying to figure out who the "Mike" LB is, where the blitz is coming from, and setting up blocking/ blitz assignments, etc... In this game, one look at the defense can tell you instantly what the package/ alignment is and your CPU O-Line will pick up who they are supposed to based on their own individual ratings. Also, it's my job to force the defense to take chances and create mismatches with my alignment. This is done in "real" football every game. It doesn't mean that it'll always work, but it's the goal. Anyway, I don't think it's unreasonable to try and get your play off before the "MIKE LB" has time to adjust his defense. It's really only a slight edge anyway. In my case, it rarely even helps (smh) Smile

Post Thu 02 Jan 2014, 7:26 am by Zeemen

It should be used in moderation. Every play all game long is not sim in my opinion. I can see using it for momentum or change of pace but every snap is cheesy for me. It doesn't bother me though bc if you quick snap then you can't make adjustments at the line and it hurts you more then me bc I play an unorthodox defense meaning it's different every play or there are 4-5 adjustments from what the play calls for. There are many who play it safe using about 5-6 plays on defense and so therefor you can quick snap more frequently. I'd much rather be in a chess match game where both owners are adjusting then to guys quick snapping the hell out if the game but hey it's just my opinion so.
    chrebet1024

Post Thu 02 Jan 2014, 7:36 am by chrebet1024

yup absolutely....I can definitely agree that if used all game every play play....yes that is kinda rough. Again it goes back to this..."never abuse any 1 thing too much."

...and to Darkarchivist point about it never being the same as real life football strategy....no question about it. Its not even close and never will be when it comes to the interior of the game.
    str8coach

Post Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:06 pm by str8coach

It should be used in moderation in my opinion. To play an owner that does it most of the game is annoying and to be honest a bit unsim.. I can see the argument both ways though.. However I only quick snap in moderation to keep the defense on their toes and try to create a since of unbalance..
    DarkArchivist

Post Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:17 pm by DarkArchivist

I feel what you guys are saying.. But to zeemens' point, The quick snap doesn't really benefit the offensive player all that much to be concerned and in some cases it could work against him if the defensive player is calling good schemes. But I'll keep it in mind when I play.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:12 pm