Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden 15 draft concept

titanbrian
    titanbrian

Madden 15 draft concept Empty Madden 15 draft concept

Post by titanbrian

Here is the problem with the Madden draft, the early picks are a huge advantage. The snake draft truss to equalize it, and it does help, but there are other problems.

Madden works its draft of a 250 player segment (cuz that's all FA will allow) that means every 7 rounds new players are added to the pool. It means every 7 rounds the early picks get first shot at a more guys. My favorite example was Jeff Demps who didn't show up until round 25, he has 98 speed and accel, and is a good backup RB that late in the draft, better than what's left in round 24 anyway.

So my attempt to even out the early pick advantage is this, teams can claim their first pick before the draft using their teams roster. Example if the lions pick 32 they could still have dibs on Calvin Johnson, or 49ers could guarantee Willis no matter where they select.

would this be doable?
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Fri 23 May 2014, 4:54 pm by Zeemen

No

Post Fri 23 May 2014, 4:59 pm by Zeemen

We have drafted 4 strait years and have had no issues. I've picked as high as 4 and as low as 32 and I've had great teams either way. It doesn't matter is u pick too ten bc the teams picking later are going to turn around and pick before them so they will have two awesome players before the too ten guys picking do. Their is no advantage. I'd like to pick at 16 every year right in the middle. So to day we need to claim a player before drafting, that will never happen. That's the point its the luck of the draw. We all don't know till the league is created who picks where. We have had no issues.
    titanbrian

Post Fri 23 May 2014, 9:10 pm by titanbrian

No advantage??? High dollar fantasy leagues use a third round reversal because having the first pick is such an advantage by itself. Not counting the idiots at EA who add more guys to the draft at odd draft rounds so the first pick gets first pick of those guys too. Better try harder to convince me there is no advantage. Also doing it 4 years without a problem doesn't change the advantage, it just means you drafted 4 whole times without realizing it.lol.

Post Sat 24 May 2014, 1:37 am by AgentMose

This was my first year in MEFL, and only my 3rd online draft. The first too drafts I had pick 9 and pick 13 in the first rounds. When we started MEFL this madden, I drafted 26 in the first round. I was not thrilled, but like Z said, its luck of the draw. But I ended up with AJ Green, Julio Jones, Bruce Irvin, Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid, Janoris Jenkins, Zach Brown, just to name a few. This was the best all around team that I've drafted. So I think if you find players that fit your style of play, and have a game plan you can build a great team. When there are 32 owners there will naturally be players selected that you wanted, so have a 2nd and 3rd option so you're still happy with the pick. I've seen when someone doesn't have a backup plan, that they go searching and don't know who they want or what position and either auto select, or the time runs out on them. There's a lot of time between picks, so go thru the board and narrow down where you want to go with your pick. Also, if everyone doesn't already know this, you draft board is semi-dictated by your schemes. Example, if you have Man-to-Man set as the scheme for you CB position, most of the available players will fit that mold. Its not an exact science, but it does help get the names you might be looking for on the board. With all that said, I think the draft is already a long and tedious process, adding any other wrinkles will only add unnecessary time and confusion, imo.
    Flybad

Post Sat 24 May 2014, 9:20 am by Flybad

I to drafted 20 something in this draft and it's 1 of the best teams I've ever had.got V. Miller and B. Marshal w first 2 picks.

Post Sat 24 May 2014, 10:50 pm by Zeemen

Reply thanks guys you feel the sane it's all about who fits yr style. There is no advantage. The guy who drafted first has not sniffed a SB. Like flybad said he draft late 20's and had a ring. It's who you take. Many many owners had great drafts. Also it diesnt matter if EA shuffles players on later rounds we all have to deal with it not just one team. The players are open to be taken from first pick on restricting players really has no advantage bc then we fight over who gets who and then it turns into a cluster F*ck. let the CPU decide the order which it does then we all have at it. The best part about a draft every year is the thrill of the strategy involved in picking after we know whet we are picking.
    Flybad

Post Sun 25 May 2014, 10:31 am by Flybad

I absolutely see where Titanbrian is coming from. It sucks that all available FA's are not available all at once. It actually works in my favor. Everyone every year is all about speed. If someone wants to reach down and take a player just because he's fast...advantage me. If you have a perticular "style" you will not B very successfull. Good players will scout your team, see how u want to play and neutralize it. A great owner does not draft to a perticular scheme. A great owner drafts all types of football players so they aren't predictable.

Here's a few examples. I look at the depth charts in this league. Almost all of them will start a player over another based on speed. If u look at my depth chart I start a WR B Lafell (86 spd) over a 96 spd WR. Any other team won't make that same decision because of the infatuation of speed in this league. Advantage me. Because all teams are gonna play a 3rd CB just because he is fast. So when my 82 rbk WR grabs your weak fast CB and throws him to the ground then heads out to block your Safty your screwed. There isn't anything special about my HB's or the ones I had before I let them go in FA at the end of last year. My personel at WR and TE are what make my running game special. I think I picked B Lafell up in the mid 30's because no one valued him. He's an 86 speed so he's worthless right. One of the most undervalued players in the game.

So go ahead, go way down the list to take fast guys and leave me the football players. If other owners realized this is not a track meet and that it is football they would B better of. Speed is one of the easiest attributes to neutralize.
    Flybad

Post Sun 25 May 2014, 10:56 am by Flybad

That was only 1 example. Here is another. TE. Ok just about all teams will start a speedy TE over a run blocker. I picked up 2 TEs is FA that have the blocking ability of offensive linemen. Advantage me. Why? Because just about every team will start a fast LB over a LB w great awr, prk, bsh, and pur just cus he's in the 70's for spd. So if your Defense is set up to run the 100 yard dash your in big trouble because a great player will recognize it and neutralize it. An average player might recognize it, but may not B able to neutralize it because they drafted for a "perticular scheme" therefore not having the personel to neutralize.

Drafting to suit a scheme makes u 1 sided and therefore predictable. Teams need a balanced combination of size, speed, strength and awareness to be well rounded. Teams going after players because of speed makes me very difficult to compete with.

Post Mon 26 May 2014, 7:28 pm by Xlonestar

Your theory is based on a game where the running has been over powered , you can't teach speed.
    titanbrian

Post Mon 26 May 2014, 10:22 pm by titanbrian

Ssshhhhh, lonestar , we don't need any more guys convinced that speed rules.

Hopefully Madden 15 lets everybody draft from the entire free agent pool, or maybe even a third round reversal, then this I'd all a moot point

Post Tue 27 May 2014, 10:20 am by Zeemen

If speed rules then why are the teams built around speed not standing at the end.

Post Tue 27 May 2014, 6:36 pm by Xlonestar

Are you all talking about madden or nfl ? Seahawks And Percy Harvin were standing at the end if I recall.
    titanbrian

Post Tue 27 May 2014, 7:03 pm by titanbrian

Zee, without looking at your roster, i remember you grabbed reece in the round i would have taken him, fastest FB in the game, now one of the quickest TE. At one point he lead your team in receptions.

You must be talking about the NFL, lol
    titanbrian

Post Tue 27 May 2014, 7:09 pm by titanbrian

Thinking more about it, your first pick was the fastest MLB in the game.

And your shadow is pretty big my friend!

Post Wed 28 May 2014, 8:12 pm by Zeemen

Giants just won not much team speed. I'm talking about madden and texans are loaded with speed but no rings. So just maybe it has to do with play calling and execution.
    Flybad

Post Thu 29 May 2014, 9:37 am by Flybad

Don't get me wrong, speed is a wonderfull luxury and an essential part of the game, but for me it's only a clue to a riddle...not the entire answere.
    titanbrian

Post Thu 29 May 2014, 2:10 pm by titanbrian

Well said flybad

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024, 7:20 am