Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadcasting Molasses!

xBloodiestToadx

Broadcasting Molasses! Empty Broadcasting Molasses!

Post by xBloodiestToadx

This broadcasting requirement needs to be rethought.I can tell a major difference than playing a reg online game.Players feel and act as if they're in molasses.Pretty disheartening when there is no lag in game but runs slow as hell.Why should anyone have an advantage? To think this has no impact of gameplay is ludicrous.
    Share this post on: reddit

RCH08

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:51 pm by RCH08

Well from my experience I have not noticed any difference, However one game I had a small bit of lag right at kickoff but soon after that I haven't noticed anything else. Maybe I have a good connection or something but who knows. Im not saying other people arent having issues but I have been good so far
    chrebet1024

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:00 pm by chrebet1024

i haven't felt a difference either...most have not felt a difference.  BUT if you are having difficulties because your internet connection isn't good enough, then we will have to make an adjustment for you specifically.

Are you hardwired?

and actually has ZERO effect on gameplay....UNLESS your internet connection is poor.  Me and falcons just played a FLAWLESS game while broadcasting.  This IS THE FUTURE as is NOT going away.  Football is meant to be viewed and not kept a secret.

...but like we've said in the past, if that's the case we will figure it out.

If anybody does NOT have the capability to broadcast (as your internet connection is not good enough)...then let me know.
    chrebet1024

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:05 pm by chrebet1024

RCH...yeah if you have a bad connection then it's going to happen.

I would say in both of the leagues....a handful of owners (maybe 6 to 8 owners) are having issues and don't have the capabilities.

Bloodiesttoad....what "ADVANTAGE" are you speaking of?  I don't understand.

There will ALWAYS be guys that are opposed to "CHANGE."  It happens in so many different areas of life.  Some guys oppose it because they're scared people will be viewing their games, and it freightens them, some guys get in their own head and always think "there's some major conspiracy" against them if they lose.  This always happens when CHANGE comes.
    chrebet1024

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:39 pm by chrebet1024

here's the bottom line guys....REAL FOOTBALL guys know how special this feature really is for Madden Franchises.  To be able to view other games brings in the element of Scouting, Game Planning, and so much more Strategy that it has me and all other "real football" guys excited as hell.

we will continue to make this work. I volunteer to broadcast EVERY ONE OF MY GAMES...I don't care what people see as the only thing it will do will make me and the league BETTER for it.

.....and I'll tell you this too, If I had a problem with having a strong enough internet connection to be able to broadcast....I would SCOUR THE EARTH TO FIND A SOLUTION to that problem.  It is true, in some areas (Arkansas as an example with the Rams owner in Default League) you can't get enough of an internet connection to be able to make it work.  BUT THAT WOULD BE A RARE CASE. 

.....most cases all it would take is to hard-wire in, or buy a nicer router, or UP your internet connection a level.  It would be an extra $5 a month in most cases.

So to let you guys know what I'm thinking is this...and it's complicated....WE WILL NOT LOSE ANY GOOD OWNERS because we want them to broadcast and they can't.  That will NOT happen.  But at the same time I do want to push guys to improve their situation so in the future they will be able to.  So I'm kind of skirting both sides of the issue here.....but its the truth.

And I'll tell you this too.......don't miss the boat on this.....because this is going to be one fucking special league.  I guarantee you that.
    BurntCabbage

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:37 pm by BurntCabbage

After my game tonight with Flybad, I have to say the broadcasting feature is definitely a work in progress. We should use it if we can, but if an owner experiences lag, it needs to be stopped immediately. I have never had problems broadcasting yet, but tonight.......just into the 3rd quarter started lagging. I waited a few minutes and it did not go away. I stopped the broadcast and it was gone IMMEDIATELY. With that being said it is my belief that the broadcasting feature can fuck with the game and make it lag, but still can be used in most circumstances problem free. We should broadcast on a case by case basis, but should always try......it can always be stopped.
    chrebet1024

Post Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:57 pm by chrebet1024

yes...agreed

...one thing tho...please let us know if it isn't working for you so we can take you off the list.

Post Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:31 am by xBloodiestToadx

I wouldn't call this lag in the normal sense.it's not starting and stopping like it does.rather the players and the reaction times are slow.kind of reminds me of the fatigue bug in madden a few years back.it's just not as smooth running a reg online game.gonna test out running streams from both ustream and twitch over the next few days and see if I get the same effects.

Post Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:01 am by rascrush

I had the same experince as you in my game the other night burnt
    chrebet1024

Post Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:02 am by chrebet1024

Toad...I'm not saying you're wrong by any means....but help us out here.  If there is something to this, then there's gotta be something somewhere on the internet in which others are experiencing the problem....a blog, an article, a mention...something.  The first couple weeks of release I looked on a regular basis to see if anything popped up that was troubling.  So far I haven't found anything, but over the past week or so I haven't really looked hard.

Here are a couple things we DON'T want happening.....

1.  Guys starting to "think" that there is something at play here, when in fact there isn't.  It could be just a regular connection problem, or just the way PS4 plays.

2.  Guys starting to NOT broadcast games because they thing there is something at play when there is isn't. 

Hell yeah you gotta have a descent connection to broadcast a game and have it be able to be viewed.  I'd say around 25 guys do it daily and never have a problem.  I assumed lag would happen if the connection isn't strong enough, but the "slowness" thing you're talking about I haven't heard of.

Help us out man, try to find some sort of evidence to back you up so we can know more about it....run those tests and let us know.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:44 am