Balanced Play Calling, please read

chrebet1024
Admin

Balanced Play Calling, please read

Post by chrebet1024

So...we've had a couple of complaints recently about OUTSIDE RUNS and LACK OF BLITZING.

First off Lack of Blitzing.
If you're not blitzing in this game, you're missing the boat...because blitzing (bring 6 especially) is a GREAT DEFENSE TO PLAY.  It is very realistic in which the QB needs to recognize it right away and get it to a hot read.

--work on mixing up those defensive playcalls.

--OF COURSE your defense can have an "Identity."  If you're identity is to blitz a lot, GREAT...if it is more of a safe defense, GREAT.  BUT even with those identities, a HEALTHY BALANCE IS NEEDED.

Now as far as the OUTSIDE RUNS are concerned....If you are playing a good defense and you're trying to run it outside every play...YOU'RE GONNA GET KILLED.

--Having said that though YOU MUST STILL HAVE A BALANCE RUN ATTACK.  Do NOT call more than 1 run play a couple times per game.

For instance....if you're calling the STRETCH play more than 5 times in a game...there is something wrong with your playcalling.
....and that includes different formations.  Just because you're switching up formations and STILL calling the stretch, doesn't mean its a different run play.

EXPAND YOUR GAME CONTINUALLY, EVERY GAME.

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Post on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 8:19 pm by titanbrian

I hope the complaints come from people with trained eyes, because if i run an even amount to the left, middle, and right, then I'm only running 33% to the middle, and would be considered an outside runner.
I also just played a guy, who is a beautiful runner of the ball, even his runs through the gaps he would sometimes bounce to the outside giving the illusion of a repetitious runner, I could see him getting complaints, but it would be unjustly so.

Post on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:10 pm by chrebet1024

for sure....

....here's the beauty tho...even if guys are doing a better job at it then certain people think...a message like this can only HELP make it better, not worse.  With just a little more awareness hopefully the next time you boot up.

Lets face it though, I have noticed a lot of running to the outside.  EVERYBODY loves to do it....this is just a healthy reminder to mix in some "inside the tackle" runs....and actually RUN IT inside when it's presented open.

Post on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:12 pm by chrebet1024

....good point though...its always necessary to realize WHO the complaints are coming from.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Jul 2018, 1:26 pm