Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some thoughts....

qn0sis

Some thoughts.... Empty Some thoughts....

Post by qn0sis

So, just a couple thoughts.....

1) Since when is it considered sim to consistently line up your running back in the slot?

2) Is it considered sim to call a draw in 3 and 4 wr sets 75 percent of run plays?

Please advise
    Share this post on: reddit

titanbrian

Post Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm by titanbrian

Its been a growing trend in the NFL for RB's and TE's to be out wide, I assume to keep defenders in a base set, or hope to get matchup issues, like a LB covering a deep post.

If you run a spread offense the goto run will always be the draw play.

That said, our league motto will always be, don't abuse anything. If you are, or being perceived as doing the same thing constantly, then you must change your style.

If you abuse, or are perceived, as abusing a style of play because, "my opponent can't stop it", then you are missing the point of sim leagues! Take that junk to the lobbies!

I also hope having RB's in the slot doesn't gain a competitive advantage. The best RB's have mediocre route running, catching, and jumping skills, compared to WR's.
    chrebet1024

Post Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm by chrebet1024

what sucks bigtime is the "defensive assignments" are gone.

Its brutal when guys call those BASE SPREAD formations and then your CB automatically lines up on the RB out wide and a slot WR is up against a LB.  Hate it and is completely unrealistic.

....Yeah of course you can throw your HB in the slot or line him up out wide but like titanbrian said...don't go crazy with it.

....draws 75% of all the running plays in unacceptable....unless I hear that the defense is blitzing the edge constantly...which is unlikely.
    str8coach

Post Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:19 am by str8coach

chrebet1024 wrote:what sucks bigtime is the "defensive assignments" are gone.

Its brutal when guys call those BASE SPREAD formations and then your CB automatically lines up on the RB out wide and a slot WR is up against a LB.  Hate it and is completely unrealistic.

....Yeah of course you can throw your HB in the slot or line him up out wide but like titanbrian said...don't go crazy with it.

....draws 75% of all the running plays in unacceptable....unless I hear that the defense is blitzing the edge constantly...which is unlikely.

I agree..

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 4:01 pm