Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xTHA-AmAziNG-1x.......My thoughts on this owner.

BurntCabbage
    BurntCabbage

xTHA-AmAziNG-1x.......My thoughts on this owner. Empty xTHA-AmAziNG-1x.......My thoughts on this owner.

Post by BurntCabbage

I'm not sure about this guy.  I'm not thinking he is right for our league and what we are trying to do.  First off let me say, I don't know this guy personally.  I don't even know him through Madden yet honestly.  But there have been some things about this owner in particular that bother me.

First.....I was out sick with pneumonia a week or so ago and spent about 3 weeks away from the league, website, etc.  When i log back onto the game for the first time, I'm reading the league news and see that Maurice Jones Drew ran for 320 yards in a game to break the NFL single game rushing record in week 12 default.  Big XP there.  So I check out the game a little closer and notice that his QB only threw 4/12 for 30 yards.  He ran a total of 29 times for 333 yards with his backs.  So there was definitely some unbalance there.  Either way you go, that is a lot of yards to run for in a game so that gets me thinking.  How does this happen? (Which may be more of question for titanbrian since hes the one that gave up the 333 yards that game).  And why would some only complete 4 passes for 30 yards?  So I thought, Ok maybe he sucks at passing?  Maybe he got close to the record and just said, fuck it, I'm breaking it no matter how unsim i have to get?  Maybe titanbrian literally gave him no choice with his defensive playcalling?  No matter what I though of, truth is, I have no idea why the game played out that way or the amazing1's intentions.

So fast forward a week.  I'm up to play our pal the amazing1 in Fantasy week 13 (he is the cardinals).  Man was I looking forward to this after wondering what kind of player he was.  Well when we started playing, it became real clear to me what this guy is about.  It also became clear to me what happened in that week 12 default Jags and Texans game.  This guys does nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING, but run off tackle, stretches, and just outside in general ALL GAME.  He just flips plays back and forth and because he has a good O line and the game is overpowered on outside runs, he just takes full advantage flipping off tackles and stretches back and forth.  That is all he does with Peterson and the Cardinals.  And he ALWAYS runs to the strong side.  It got to the point where i could just run commit left and right (and i never run commit).  This occured for the entire first half and the game got real unfun.  At halftime I texted him that he is a cheesy player and his playcalling and the amount of off tackle runs he is doing is lame and unsim.  So he responds to me "ok, here comes the passing attack".  We proceed to play and this childish asshole actually decides to play the entire second half without running.  Obviously cause of what I said at halftime, turning and unsim game into an EVEN MORE UNSIM game.  To make matters worse, this damn guy can pass the ball.  Man i swear he just started shredding me with Cutler.  Seemed like he was using similar plays (maybe recycled), but overall he is just a talented passer and makes good reads.  I threw everything in the book at his passing game, but to no avail.  He won that game due to being able to outplay me thats for sure.  But it was the most UNSIM game i have been a part of in awhile because of his abuse of Peterson and off tackle runs coupled with his childish decision to refrain from running in obvious run situations to try and make some sort of point to me.  We texted after the game and I asked him why he did what he did.  He apologized and admitted he was wrong, played naive claiming he did not know he couldn't run outside with Peterson all game, and basically told me that he would try harder in the future, blah blah blah.  I asked him about his little 320 yards running with Jones drew in default vs his QB's 30 yards passing and he gives me the excuse that his QB sucks so he can't pass.  Problem is I just watched him shred me with Cutler, AT WILL.  He can pass very well, so I don't believe him at all.

So fast forward to today, I'm checking out the fantasy leagues season stats and well.......there is one section of stats I have a HUGE problem with.  The Rushing category.  It appears that Adrian Peterson has rushed for 2,364 yards on the year with 3 more weeks to go in the season.  Peterson also just smashed the NFL single season record for rushing touchdowns with 32 (again we still have 3 weeks to go).  So i see who's in 2nd place.....  Its the 49ers HB Stevan Ridley who has 1397 yards on the year (very sim stats).  So I look and see who is 2nd in rushing TD's.  It's CJ Spiller (who gets the most handoffs in the MEFL apparanty) and he's only got 16 (again another nice sim number). He leads all rushers in fantasy by almost a 1,000 and has scored 2 times the amount of TD's as the 2nd highest rushing TD leader.

So not only did this guy play like a complete dick against a commissioner, but he is playing unsim to pump up his stats in fantasy and taking advantage of AI or game faults to break records in both leagues.  I have done this a while and this guy is text book cheese.  I personally do not want him in either league, but in case someone reputable knows him......maybe someone can shed some light if I am wrong before I boot this guy.  If anyone has any input let me know.  Especially you titanbrian since he got you for 333 in what i could only imagine was an unsim game for you.  Let me know.
    Share this post on: reddit

BurntCabbage

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm by BurntCabbage

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS??

The amazing1......right after I write this you seriously rush for 369 yards in a game with Peterson.

Your are fucking gone for good.

Really don't care what titanbrian or AgentMose have to say either.

*edit*  Maybe you played before I wrote this and did not notice yet, but that last game just confirms everything I think about you.  You are not the right player for this league.  Maybe there is another one out there for you.
    titanbrian

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm by titanbrian

My first game against amazing was in fantasy and peterson kicked my ass, so much so that from the 3rd quarter on, after he broke a run he would stop so i could tackle him. he had 244 yds rushing against me but it could have been 400, i had 5 turnovers and he was running to get the game over.

Best guy I've ever played against

2nd game was much closer 18 - 7 he won, but i was in it most of the game, i was shocked after when his QB had no yards passing, but most of the game it felt right when he was running, like he was protecting lead.

I knew I was playing him again in 2 games so I added a TON of plays to shut him down

My goal was for MJD to run less than 100 yds

MJD ran for 125, it was a huge victory for me and I also won the game!

HE made me a better player, I felt he mixed his runs up good, alot of his middle runs he still broke to the outside, but we were never in a situation where he had to cheese me.

If anything I felt like I cheesed him to win the last game, never ran so many engage 8's in my life. Thats not good if I have to cheese him to get a win either, kind of reverse psycology, lol.

I'd say give him a chance to change first, but that could just end up like my first game where he has to lay down so he doesnt blow me out, and that is no fun to play against either
    BurntCabbage

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm by BurntCabbage

I suppose everyone has their own feeling of how someone played against them, but I'm telling you that I saw nothing but cheese and very limited play calling. I felt like I was playing against someone that wanted to make sure Peterson had at least so many yards and TD's. At one point I swear I saw the same damn run flipped right, then left, then right, then back left again. I shit you not....4 times in a row he ran this off tackle run.

This is what i was trying to explain to him......there is no football being played in a game like that. Football is creative playcalling and a chess match. What he does is stuff like abusing the overpowered blocking on certain runs. He flips plays and quick snaps to run off tackle before the defense can flip to adjust. If you don't get the adjustment down, he takes 8-9 yards like clockwork on those carries. Its just a little game within a bigger game that's supposed to be football. It's not playing football. It's playing Madden......and there is a huge difference.

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 9:57 pm by AmAziNx1

Man I apologize I never had a problem with how I played this is my first time in a sim league and In the game vs Rams I ran up the middle and everything he had good pass defense and no matter how many yards you gotta look at the carries and attempts as we'll but any more questions from me feel free to boot me ima play sim as possible

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:35 pm by AgentMose

Ok Burnt i wasnt going to say anything because this has been going on for sometime with AP and Chrebet didnt send a mass msg so i didnt think there was an issue. But the fact that this asshole is lying and saif againt me he ran up the middle is complete BULLSHIT. All he runs if off tackle and stretch runs. The one time he ran up the middle i took my MLB and smashed AP and forced a fumble, from that point on he never ran up the middle again. He takes AP, runs to the sideline then turns it up field, Peterson never goes down on first contact so safeties have no chance. I played him in another lg we were in together and he did the same thing. But i was ablr to stop Roy Helu obviously he's no AP. Obviously me shutting down his passing attack made him lean on AP but exploiting the speed and break tackle rating EVERY SINGLE week with strech runs to the outside isnt SIM. Unfortunately someone traded him AP, but he wouldnt be where he is and this post isnt even written if SJax is still his starting running back. And im not upset because i lost the game, cause i still had a chance to win, but to lie and say you ran up the middle is horse shit, your first td was a stretch run to the left off the tackle, you ran straight for the sideline and turned up field. Keep it 100 because you were called out.
    chrebet1024

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 11:00 pm by chrebet1024

No mass text or message was sent....but the Cards were warned several times.

That's all we needed to know.

It is not 1 owner speaking, it's not 2...it's many.

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 11:18 pm by AgentMose

No Chrebet, I wasn't saying there needed to be, my thinking was that I didn't see a msg about it so I didn't think you had an issue with it. I wasn't aware there was an ongoing issue, but after the game I just played, the game in our other lg, and what was shared by BC, obviously there's a pattern. And Im not even upset about the way he played, Im more upset at the fact that he tried to come on here and be nice and soft spoken and apologize, then blatantly lie saying he ran up the middle against me. One run up the middle leading to a fumble and never going up the middle again doesnt count as "I ran up the middle and everything"
    chrebet1024

Post Mon 06 Jan 2014, 11:29 pm by chrebet1024

gotcha...yes this has been ongoing.  Warnings were made to him before he played Cabbage the other night, and that game made it come to this point.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 7:34 am