Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduling Games

shaston

Scheduling Games Empty Scheduling Games

Post by shaston

This is not my first time dealing with this and scheduling has been somewhat okay this season but here's my beef on the scheduling of games.

Okay, so I text my opponent at 9:51am the day after the game advance to see what time he can play. The response:

Thursday
    Me-When are you available to play
    Him- What LG and system
    Me- MEFL on PS4
    Him- Tonight
    Me- What time?
    Him- That I do not know for sure.

Okay, this means shaston I will let you know when I'm ready, but you just sit on your a$$ and wait for my text sometime later tonight. Be ready to jump on at a moments notice. I go ahead and post my time on the board/website. No response on board/website or by text for two days.

Today is the day before advance so I send a text at 8:56am. Here's how it goes:

Saturday
    Me at 8:56am-What time are you available to play our MEFL game?
    Me at 11:49am- Regularjoe, when can you play?
    Him at 11:53- Yo. Not in right now. In the gym. I'll play when I get home for sure.
    Me at 11:54- You have a time? I have things to do today and tonight?
    Him-

Thats right, no response as of yet and now its 1:15pm. Here is my take and I am sure a lot of you feel the same way, when we post our times they are flexible. For me that means that these are times when I can make myself available, not that I will be sitting at home waiting FOR SOMEONE TO TEXT ME WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE PLAYING. Neither am I going to sit here for YOU TO SAY STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HOP ON THE GAME. All I ask for is a time set in advance so I know when I have to be ready to play. In other words, a time when you are willing to play. Im sorry, but anything other than an exact time does not work for me. I am not unrealistic either, I understand that between 9pm and 9:15pm is sometimes as exact as you can get it. I also understand that sometimes people are running a little late or want to start a little early, thats fine. However, later tonight and between 8pm and 11pm is not respectful of other people's time.

Thats my two cents. I am open to criticism so if you feel different, please let me know.
    Share this post on: reddit

chrebet1024

Post Sat 04 Jan 2014, 2:39 pm by chrebet1024

absolutely...speak on it.  WE ALL need to do a better job at helping eachother out in this area.  Be SPECIFIC and get a TIME nailed down right away.  Always the best way to go.

Post Sat 04 Jan 2014, 4:30 pm by shaston

MIA
    BurntCabbage

Post Sat 04 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm by BurntCabbage

I completely get what you are saying Shaston. I'm surprised tho that this type of thing would surprise you Shaston, given the owner we are talking about.......meet RegularJoe aka BroMontana aka the KING of not knowing how to schedule and play a game at a specific time. I have played and known this guy for 3 years now. Madden 12, he was great at playing and scheduling....became a solid owner and a staple in MXLF. Madden 13 he was horrendous at scheduling and playing but got a lot of leeway due to who he was and his play the prior madden. Plus Bromontana got hit by a car or something during madden 13 and then plowed by a hurricane right after, and then I think either his internet was out for awhile or his ps3 was broken, maybe both. Anyways, he had probably half his games simmed in M13 due to these things, but I always kept him around because i felt like maybe he was just having some bad luck. He has always been bad about getting back to me when I text him. Rarely got on the website in all his madden years. I have been his commish for a very long time now and got to admit i do like the guy, but he is by far the hardest to deal with when you are up to play him. He definitely needs to make an effort to respect other peoples time. I'll make sure he does and will fix the situation if he doesn't get better and make a genuine effort to schedule and play at that scheduled time. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:44 am